Home | Lessons | Bookings | Driving Test | Refresher | Paying | Links | Categories | Contacts


Safe Drive-Time Driver Training

Telephone   02877769339
Mobile  07759323276 

Loose that L Plate

Paying for Tuition

If you are paying someone to teach you to drive, they must be approved and registered with DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency) in N.Ireland. A fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) will have an Instructor licence issued by DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency).

You can practise with friends and family but they must not receive payment of any kind. Ensure you are covered by insurance to drive their vehicle.

Some Trainee Driving Instructors are granted a licence so they can gain experience before their qualifying examination. In this case, they will not have completed all three parts of the qualifying process.

DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency) is responsible for maintaining and checking the standards of all ADIs in N. Ireland.

To qualify an ADI must:

  • have held a full driving licence for at least four years
  • pass a much tougher theory test than the one you will take
  • pass a strict driving test
  • reach and keep up a high standard of instruction, the standard of tuition given by the ADI is regularly checked by a supervising examiner from DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency)
  • be registered with DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency)
  • Hold a current ADI licence.

Take advice from your ADI on:

  • all aspects of driving
  • what books to read
  • when to take your test
  • how to practice.

Choosing an Instructor.

Ask friends and relatives to recommend someone they know. Try and choose an Instructor who:

  • has a good reputation
  • is reliable and punctual
  • has a car that suits you.

Safe Driving   DVA   Skid Car   Smart Learners

Causeway Driving Instructors Association  Road  DIA  MSA  IAM


Home | Lessons | Bookings | Driving Test | Refresher | Paying | Links | Categories | Contacts

© Safe Drive-Time 2009 Site maintained and hosted by Pixel House Ltd

Valid HTML Valid CSS